Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Runnin' Wild

Amie, my college roommate from Radford, came up for a visit from Florida this past weekend. I suckered her into running the Monument Ave 10K with me. The weekend started with a very eventful trip to FoodLion which included busting open fruit cups, knocking over a display of Solo cups, and running into the back of an old lady with the shopping cart that looks like a car. Great fun. Felt like old times when we would take late night trips to WalMart. The rest of the weekend was pretty tame compared to all that! The rain held off for most of Sat. for the run, although Amie was so cold you would have thought we were running in Alaska-Floridians, huh! We even made shirts (see below). There was more on the back but wasn't sure if appropriate to show on the blog, oh but wait, we ran around 35,000 people with those shirts on!!!! Too late. It took us a little over an hour to finish and I was really impressed with Amie, being a first timer and all.



Marsha, Me, Amie, and Courtney

The weather did clear up on Sunday so we could hang out outside. We also just cut Brant's hair-he pitched a fit. I think when he saw the hair falling on him it freaked him out.


A little fun on St. Patricks Day!

Its looks like it is going to be another week of not being able to breathe, taste my food, or sleep without waking up with my tongue dried up and stuck. Doc says it my allergies, I think its a sinus infection at this point. Wait and see how this Nasonex works. Maybe this is what I get for being a rotten, bratty, little sister-Jon gave me his bad allergies. Well, I'm off to shoot nasal spray and pass out on NyQuil. Josh thinks I am going to need an intervention soon. Pray for me.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on running your 10k!! Hope your feeling better!!

Liz