Saturday, May 16, 2009

Its been a while!


Can't believe its been almost a month since I last blogged. Seems like a lot has been going on this past few weeks-I will try not to leave out anything exciting. Brant and I took a trip to Wild and Wonderful West Virginia and boy was it ever. We decided to go "fishing" in a stocked pond, which was literally in the middle of nowhere. I was humming the song from Deliverance down the mile and half long. windy. rickety bridge dirt road. Mom caught two fish, I caught two fish, and dad caught the bucket! Brant had such a good time playing with fishing pole that dad was trying to fix that we decided we needed to get Brant his own fishing pole at Walmart. So we found a cool Spiderman rod complete with a little play fish attached to the end. Brant and I decided to go do some "fishing" in my parents landscaped fish pond/waterfall thing in their front yard. Brant was having a blast scaring the crap out the real fish in the pond! The line started to get tangled so we thought he should pull on one end and i would pull on the other, but Brant went a little too far-like all the way into the pond too far! Head first, feet last, totally submerged, I had to jump in knee deep to pull him out-thank god for the lifeguard certification. He's coughing and crying, I'm laughing, mom's running to get towels and forgets to put ALL the melted butter in the cake but dfidn't realize it until it was baked. It was great. Only real problem-no camera to capture it all.


He passed his hearing test-which we figured he would-now we can't blame his lacking of listening on hard of hearing, just hard headed. Wonder how it gets that from? We should start speech services soon. Can't believe how long this whole process takes, hopefully it helps. Wednesday he came down with Strep throat, but couldn't tell. We stayed home together Thurs., he seemed to feel great and got the house cleaned. We are looking forward to spending the long weekend with my parents in myrtle beach, sc. Hope everyone has some time their friends and family this Memorial Day weekend and don't forget to thank a soldier.


OH, almost forgot-I gotta do a little bragging. I ran an 8 mile race this morning at Fort Lee for Armed Forces Day and I won my age group! Got a nice size trophy. The highlight of my weekend. Check out the video-he's eating his green beans in ketchup. Does that count as two servings of veggies?


No comments: