Friday, October 24, 2008

Ready, Set, Busted Lip!

So here is the story...My brother, who lives in Giles County, VA, is in Richmond working so he came down for a little visit. He hadn't even been there but maybe 10 mins. when I decided that Brant should show off his running abilities (or lack of!) So on my commands Ready, Set, Go he would run across the room successfully until about the fourth try when his feet weren't moving as fast as the rest of his body, he tripped, and fell into a coffee table. Screaming, blood, pure panic, I was a mess. Once we got the bleeding stopped and on our way to the hospital, which we had to go Chippenham which was 30 mins. away because the people at patient first said he might need plastic surgery. We wait in the emergency room for 2.5 hrs. They give new meaning to the word emergency. Oh and all this is around 9 at night now, which is about 2 hours after brant's bed time. It was great, just great. He ended up with 6 or 7 stitches, Josh had to hold him because I did have the nerve to even watch. The inside of his lip looks horrible but they didn't need to stitch that, doctors said it would heal very quickly (which it is) and he will get his stitches out monday. Guess this was probably the first trip of many, and yes I think I got my first gray hairs.

"Oh Yeah! You should see the other guy!"

Already, the swelling has gone a great deal and he doesn't look quite so deformed. As far as the next emergency room visit---sure it won't be long. I "fort" is almost finished and I am already way more overprotective and nervous about him being on it. I will get some pics up soon. Too bad this didn't happen last week, he could have been a boxer for halloween.


No comments: